Are you or your loved ones feeling sluggish and unmotivated in the winter months, especially after the holiday excesses? Could your body be trying to recover from too much sugar, flour, dairy, and alcohol and other toxins? Did you put on a few more pounds this year? Have you been getting every cold that comes around? Do you have achy joints, dry skin, bloating and gas?
Instead of reaching for the coffee, tea or hot chocolate this winter, try this simple, inexpensive and convenient Comfort Drink that is loaded with benefits for your health.
Cathy’s Comfort Drink not only tastes delicious, but helps your body get rid of many toxins that clog your organs, arteries and joints, helps your digestion, boosts your immune system, and even reduces your appetite.
Here’s the Secret Recipe and why each ingredient is special:
To a Large Mug of Warm Filtered Water add:
- 1 TBSP of Apple Cider Vinegar
- full of enzymes, good bacteria, helps devour starch, lowers blood pressure
- 1 TBSP of Freshly squeezed Lemon Juice
- helps balance blood sugar, alkalizes, contains Vitamin C
- 1 rounded tsp of Local Raw Honey
- loaded with B vitamins, boosts your brain, increases energy, is antimicrobial, a great healing agent, and oh so yummy!
- ¼ – ½ tsp of cinnamon
- number one blood sugar balancing herb, very high in anti oxidants and tastes delicious!!
- ¼ – ½ tsp of Ginger
- Ginger is an anti-microbial, anti-nausea, anti-inflammatory, supports digestion, helps with cramps and pain, muscle aches, weight loss…..don’t forget the Ginger.
- ¼ to ½ tsp of Cayenne Pepper
- Increases metabolism, circulation, helps with blood sugar
- ¼ to ½ tsp of Turmeric with a pinch of pepper
- the pepper is necessary to help you absorb the curcumin in the turmeric
- anti oxidant, anti-inflammatory and perhaps anti-depressant properties.
Use high quality organic ingredients and Always Put Your Love and Fun into It – Make it Taste Good for You!
To make it simple, mix your spices ahead of time and have your own Secret Spice-Combo Recipe ready to sprinkle.
Yes, you have my permission to make it your own, share it and rename it your Secret! Shhh…
One caveat: If you cannot tolerate apple cider vinegar or lemon juice in your GI tract you most probably have a leaky gut and/or auto immune situation and you should seek a health practitioner.